The missions of the Embassy of Senegal in Malaysia are diverse and multiple. They comply with the provisions of the 1961 Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and 1963 Consular Relations. The main missions are as follows:
- Representation : the Embassy represents the State of Senegal in all its components in Malaysia. It acts as an intermediary between the two countries and their institutions.
- Information : the Embassy regularly provides information on the political, economic, social and cultural situation in Malaysia. It follows its foreign policy
- Negotiation : the Embassy undertakes negotiations for the conclusion of agreements in the political, economic, social or cultural field;
- Promotion : The Embassy promotes good relations between Malaysia and Senegal. It works to strengthen political, economic and cultural cooperation between the two countries;
- Consular and Protection : the Embassy ensures the protection of the interests of Senegal as well as that of its nationals who are within its jurisdiction. It supports the Senegalese community in its economic, social and cultural development activities. The Embassy issues them administrative and travel documents. It issues visas to foreigners based in its jurisdiction